Karim Adeyemi set a new record as Borussia Dortmund beat Freiburg 5-1 om Matchday 19, becoming the fastest player in Bundesliga history early on in the second half when he hit a speed of 22.77 mph.
The Germany international turned on the after-burners as Dortmund coasted to victory at Signal Iduna Park. His speed beat the previous record set by former Mainz player Jeremiah St. Juste, who clocked up 22.76 mph during Die Nullfünfer's 2-1 defeat to Union Berlin during Matchday seven of the 2021/22 season.
It was a day of milestones for the 21-year-old, who also scored his first-ever home Bundesliga goal during the victory.
The Bundesliga's five fastest players of all time:
1. Karim Adeyemi (Dortmund): 22.77 mph (36.65 km/h) - 2022/23 season
2. Jeremiah St. Juste (Mainz): 22.76 mph (36.63 km/h) - 2021/22
3. Moussa Diaby (Bayer Leverkusen): 22.69 mph (36.52 km/h) - 2022/23
4. Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich): 22.69 (36.51 km/h) - 2019/20
5. Achraf Hakimi (Dortmund): 22.67 (36.49 km/h) - 2019/20
Watch: Karim Adeyemi's all-time Bundesliga speed record
5 reasons Dortmund will beat PSG
With firepower and experience aplenty, BVB have what it takes to secure a vital win in Paris in Champions League Group F...
Who is Christoph Freund?
Christoph Freund is joining Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich as sporting director after earning an exceptional reputation for developing talent at Red Bull Salzburg.
FM23's Bundesliga Wonderkid XI
Florian Wirtz, Josko Gvardiol and Jamal Musiala feature in the prodigiously talented ensemble...