Borussia Dortmund's Karim Adeyemi sets new all-time Bundesliga speed record
Karim Adeyemi set a new record as Borussia Dortmund beat Freiburg 5-1 om Matchday 19, becoming the fastest player in Bundesliga history early on in the second half when he hit a speed of 22.77 mph.
The Germany international turned on the after-burners as Dortmund coasted to victory at Signal Iduna Park. His speed beat the previous record set by former Mainz player Jeremiah St. Juste, who clocked up 22.76 mph during Die Nullfünfer's 2-1 defeat to Union Berlin during Matchday seven of the 2021/22 season.
It was a day of milestones for the 21-year-old, who also scored his first-ever home Bundesliga goal during the victory.
The Bundesliga's five fastest players of all time:
1. Karim Adeyemi (Dortmund): 22.77 mph (36.65 km/h) - 2022/23 season
2. Jeremiah St. Juste (Mainz): 22.76 mph (36.63 km/h) - 2021/22
3. Moussa Diaby (Bayer Leverkusen): 22.69 mph (36.52 km/h) - 2022/23
4. Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich): 22.69 (36.51 km/h) - 2019/20
5. Achraf Hakimi (Dortmund): 22.67 (36.49 km/h) - 2019/20
Watch: Karim Adeyemi's all-time Bundesliga speed record
The story behind Dortmund's stunning rise
BVB have made a perfect start to the year to go level on points with Bayern at the top...
Musiala third as Bundesliga players dominate Kopa Trophy nominations
Jamal Musiala was one of six Bundesliga-based players to make the final 10...
Klassiker debutants feeling big-game anticipation
Sadio Mane, Nico Schlotterbeck and Matthijs de Ligt, among others, are gearing up for their first Der Klassiker experience.