The first half of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season will go down in history. A whole host of records were smashed in one of the most spectacular Hinrunden of all time. But who were the standout players?
It has been quite a few days for the Borussia Dortmund star. The Bundesliga's leading scorer was recently voted African Footballer of the Year, and has now received the backing of the bundesliga.com and bundesliga.de Twitter users. Despite fierce competition, Aubameyang soared clear in the @bundesliga_EN poll, claiming nearly 60 per cent of the vote. He was pushed closer by FC Bayern München striker Robert Lewandowski in the @bundesliga_de vote, but still edged out his former BVB team-mate by six per cent.
The winner is the man with most votes from both the @Bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de polls combined.
Club: FC Bayern München
- The Polish international has had more shots (78) than any other player in the Bundesliga this season.
- Has scored 15 goals, putting him second only to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the goalscoring charts.
- Broke numerous records with his five-goal haul against Wolfsburg on Matchday 6:
- Fastest hat-trick in Bundesliga history
- Fastest four-goal haul and fastest five goal haul in Bundesliga history
- First player to score five goals after coming on as a substitute.
Club: Borussia Dortmund
- Became the first player ever to score in eight consecutive games at the start of a Bundesliga season.
- With 18 goals, the Gabon international is currently the Bundesliga's most prolific goalscorer.
- Has already eclipsed his personal single-season record.
- Memorably outfoxed Hannover 96's Ron-Robert Zieler from the penalty spot on Matchday 4.
Club: 1. FSV Mainz 05
- With eight goals and two assists, Muto is Mainz's top scorer.
- His goals have meant that his predecessor and compatriot Shinji Okazaki has been quickly forgotten.
- Has made 355 challenges this season, more than any other Mainz player.
- Scored all three goals against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Matchday 11.
Club: VfL Wolfsburg
- Has adapted seamlessly to life at the Volkswagen Arena since joining in the summer.
- Scored the goal which secured Germany qualification for UEFA EURO 2016.
- Has netted five Bundesliga goals already, second-highest in the Wolves' squad.
- Netted the first hat-trick of his Bundesliga career against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Matchday 9.