Rarely a game went by without Robert Lewandowski breaking some sort of record in Bayern Munich colours, even well into his 30s.
bundesliga.com runs through just some of the entries in the record books alongside the name of "the world's best forward", as coach Julian Nagelsmann described him…
41 – The Bundesliga’s fabled number for most goals in a season was once 40 after Gerd Müller set a seemingly impossible bar in 1971/72. That was until Lewandowski came along in 2020/21 and scored 41 times in only 29 appearances. That total also earned him the European Golden Shoe for the first time.
43 – Another record that once belonged to Müller is solely held by Lewandowski after he bagged his 43rd Bundesliga goal of 2021, surpassing the best total for a calendar year that Der Bomber had set in 1972 (42).
13 – When Lewandowski scored in the 7-0 win over Bochum on Matchday 5 of 2021/22, he became the first player ever to net in 13 straight home games in the Bundesliga - surpassing the record of 12 once held by Müller and Jupp Heynckes. That run saw him tally a total of 24 goals.
19 – He scored in 19 successive competitive club appearances up to that Bochum fixture, surpassing the previous Bayern record of 15 by Müller from 1969/70.
Watch: All 312 of Lewandowski’s Bundesliga goals
11 – Lewandowski tended to be quick out of the blocks, having become the first player to score on Matchday 1 of a season for seven straight years. He did so a total of eight times in 12 seasons in Germany. But in 2019/20 he kept up that momentum by becoming the only player ever to manage a goal on each of the first 11 matchdays of a campaign.
5 – He finished as the Bundesliga top scorer for five consecutive seasons between 2018 and 2022, which is a feat nobody has ever before achieved. His goal haul in that five-year period was 29, 22, 34, 41 and 35.
7 – In total he picked up seven Torjägerkanone as the league’s top marksman. That is again a record he shares with the great Gerd.
100 – No player with at least 100 Bundesliga goals scored at a faster rate than Lewandowski. He found the back of the net on average every 100 minutes, compared to 105 for Müller. His 2020/21 rate was one every 60. For comparison, Müller’s 40 in 1971/72 came at a rate of one every 76 minutes, having played in all 34 games.
0.94 – With 238 goals in 253 Bundesliga outings for Bayern, Lewandowski boasts the best goals-per-game ratio (0.94) of anyone in history. Even the great Müller (0.85) cannot match that.
300 – Lewandowski went past Klaus Fischer’s total of 268 on Matchday 26 of 2020/21 to move into outright second in the league's all-time scoring list. He became only the second man to pass the 300 mark (finishing on 312) and only the late Müller remains ahead with 365 from 427 games.
128 – Lewandowski also holds the record for most away goals scored in the Bundesliga. His brace against former side Dortmund took him onto 118 and past Fischer's previous best of 117.
19 – The 19 he plundered on the road in 2021/22 was another new record for most scored away from home in a season, surpassing the 17 netted by Heynckes (in 1973/74) and Germany forward Timo Werner (in 2019/20 with RB Leipzig).
34+15+6 – As Bayern made history in 2020 with their sextuple, so did Lewandowski as he became the first player to win the treble of league, domestic cup and UEFA Champions League while also being top scorer in all three competitions. He did it in 2019/20 with 34 Bundesliga goals, 15 in Europe and six in the DFB Cup.
384 – The Warsaw native is over 100 goals clear of Claudio Pizarro as the Bundesliga's record non-German scorer. He's currently second in the list for appearances (384), with only the Peruvian ahead on a perhaps unreachable 490 games.
238 – A strike on the opening night of 2020/21 saw Lewandowski surpass Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and his total of 162 Bundesliga goals for Bayern to move into outright second on the club's scoring list in the league. He ended up on 234, with just Müller ahead on 365.
11 – Lewandowski scored at least one goal in each of his last 10 Bundesliga games against Schalke. No other player had ever managed a run of more than nine consecutive games scoring against a particular club.
Quiz: Test yourself on all things Lewandowski
A seven-time winner of the Torjägerkanone award for the league's top goalscorer, here's an overview of some of the recent records and landmarks the Polish star striker has to his name:
- Became the second player in league history - after Gerd Müller in 1976 - to hit 300 Bundesliga goals overall.
- Set a new record for a player over 30, surpassing the 117 goals that Manfred Burgsmüller got after leaving his 20s behind him.
- Second player in Bundesliga history - alongside Müller - to score 30+ goals in five different campaigns.
- Became the first player to score 19 goals away from home in a Bundesliga season.
- Most goals across Europe's top five leagues (Bundesliga, Premier League, Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga) – 35
- European Golden Shoe
- Laureus World Sports Awards – Exceptional Achievement Award
- Most goals across Europe's top five leagues (Bundesliga, Premier League, Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga) – 41
- European Golden Shoe
- Most Bundesliga goals scored in a calendar year – 43
- Best FIFA Men's Player
- Ballon d'Or Striker of the Year
- Bundesliga Player of the Season
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year
- Best FIFA Men's Player
- Sextuple winner (Bundesliga, DFB Cup, Champions League, DFL Supercup, UEFA Supercup, FIFA Club World Cup)
- Top scorer in Bundesliga, DFB Cup and Champions League
- Top assist provider in the Champions League
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball
- Footballer of the Year in Germany
- European Sportsperson of the Year
- Most goals across Europe's top five leagues (Bundesliga, Premier League, Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga) - 32
- Most goals across Europe's top five leagues in 2019 - 25
- Most goals for club and country of any player across Europe's top five leagues - 37
- Most goals scored by a non-German player - 312
- Most goals scored by a Polish player - 312
- Most games by a Polish player - 384
- Fastest hat-trick - 3 mins 22 seconds
- Fastest four-goal haul - 5 mins 42 seconds
- Fastest five-goal haul - 8 mins 59 seconds
- Most goals by a substitute in a game - 5
- Fastest non-German to reach 100 goals (168 games)
- Most goals in a calendar year - 43 in 2021
- Most away goals - 128
Watch: Lewandowski's astonishing five-goal haul against Wolfsburg in 2015
- Most caps for Poland (132)
- Most goals for Poland (76)
- Most goals scored in a single UEFA Euro qualification campaign: UEFA Euro 2016 - 13
- Most goals scored in a single FIFA World Cup qualification campaign: 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification - 16
- Most hat-tricks scored in a single FIFA World Cup qualification campaign: 3 (2018 FIFA World Cup qualification)
All stats correct as of 1 July 2022
Watch: Lewandowski's 5 goals in 9 minutes in FULL!
Ahead of Bayern's next meeting with Wolfsburg, we remember one of the Bundesliga's most iconic nine-minute spells.
Robert Lewandowski's top 5 moments at Bayern
Records, goals, silverware and more goals - bundesliga.com recounts some of LewanGOALski's highlights from his eight-year spell in Munich...
Robert Lewandowski: A Bayern and Bundesliga legend
The Polish forward joined Barcelona after scoring 344 goals in 375 games for Bayern...