- Both sides are unbeaten after two games.
- The Wolves were held to a goalless draw at home to Köln on Matchday 2.
- Hoffenheim came from 4-1 down to draw with Mainz in a thriller.
Hoffenheim are the only Bundesliga team to have drawn their first two games of the new season, but Julian Nagelsmann’s side will be happy to have snatched an improbable point against 1. FSV Mainz 05 last time out. Trailing 4-1 at half-time, Hoffenheim fought back to 4-4 in a spectacular contest after Gaëtan Bussmann was sent off for the 05ers.
There was a little less drama for Wolfsburg as they played out a goalless draw with 1. FC Köln. Mario Gomez was unable to find the target on his debut for the Wolves, but he will be looking to put that right against Hoffenheim, as Dieter Hecking’s men bid for a second win in three – following their opening day victory over Augsburg.
- Wolfsburg have won their last two away matches in the Bundesliga, dating back to last season.
- The Wolves last recorded three successive away wins five years ago.
- Wolfsburg have never gone the opening three matches of a season without conceding.
- Mario Gomez has scored seven goals in eight games against Hoffenheim (four wins, four draws).
- Hoffenheim have scored more goals against Wolfsburg than against any other Bundesliga club (62).
- There has never been a goalless draw between the two clubs.