- Darmstadt snapped eight-game losing streak on Frings' debut.
- Köln have drawn their last four.
- Darmstadt still propping up the Bundesliga; Köln on fringes of Europe.
Torsten Frings takes aim at three points for the second time since taking charge of Darmstadt, and after snapping their eight-game losing streak in his debut, he will be looking to break another taboo by beating Köln on Saturday.
The visitors have proven how hard they are to beat, but their head coach Peter Stöger would have nothing against turning a draw into a win, having seen his side held to just one point in each of their past four games. That has seen them fall off the European pace and a win would be the best way to get back in the running.
- Köln have not lost any of their nine competitive matches against the Lilies (seven wins, two draws).
- Darmstadt have won all nine of their points this season at home.
- For the first time in their Bundesliga history, Darmstadt have gone five games without a goal. It’s been 534 minutes since the Lilies last found the back of the net.
- Although he went close against Gladbach, Aytac Sulu, who scored seven times for the Lilies last season, is still waiting for his first goal of the current campaign.
- Köln defender Konstantin Rausch spent last season at Darmstadt.
- Leon Guwara is from Cologne and was with the Billy Goats from 2003-2014, although he never played for the first team.