VfB Stuttgart's first game since the dismissal of Alexander Zorniger as head coach is a daunting trip to a Borussia Dortmund side looking to bounce back from a rare defeat on Matchday 13.
bundesliga.com previews the action on Sunday (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT)...
- Dortmund were beaten for only the second time this season at Hamburger SV last Friday, falling eight points behind league leaders FC Bayern München – the biggest gap between the two sides this season.
- VfL Wolfsburg were nine points behind the league leaders (Bayer 04 Leverkusen) after 13 games of the 2008-09 season, but still won the Bundesliga title.
- Stuttgart have lost nine out of 13 games in the Bundesliga this season – more than any other side in the top flight.
- A 4-0 defeat to Bayern was followed by a 4-0 defeat to FC Augsburg last weekend, the first time in their history that the Swabians have suffered successive defeats by that scoreline.
- Dortmund have scored 45 goals at an average of over four in their 11 home games under Thomas Tuchel this season.
- Tuchel started his coaching career in the Stuttgart youth set-up in 2000.
- Stuttgart have had more shots on goal this season than Dortmund (217 compared to 211), with only Bayern having more efforts on goal.
- Dortmund have scored more than twice as many goals as Stuttgart (36 compared to 17).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored in Dortmund's last seven home games stretching back to last season.
Dortmund: Bürki - Ginter, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Weigl, Gündogan, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Castro - Aubameyang
Stuttgart: Tyton - Klein, Baumgartl, Sunjic, Insua - Die - Schwaab, Gentner - Didavi - Maxim, Werner