- Two for Werner puts Leipzig striker into the side.
- Schalke's Kolasinac highest points earner with 18.
- Goal-scoring defenders to the fore.
Goal-scoring defenders, players earning points out of their normal positions and an in-form striker passing a major Bundesliga milestone all feature in the Matchday 12 Official Fantasy Bundesliga Team of the Week!
- Marwin Hitz (FC Augsburg, 10 points) - The Augsburg custodian kept a third clean sheet in a row in the gritty 0-0 draw at 1. FC Köln, returning to the Team of the Week having been included as recently as Matchday 10.
- Anthony Jung (FC Ingolstadt 04, 12 points) - The on-loan defender has been recalled to the side since Maik Walpurgis took over as Die Schanzer coach, and he’s responded well – his side are unbeaten, and the 25-year-old scored the first goal of his career with a first-half header in the draw with VfL Wolfsburg. He played in midfield but he’s a good option for your fantasy team’s backline.
- Mats Hummels (FC Bayern München, 14 points) - Hummels picked the perfect time to grab his first Bayern goal, heading home what turned out to be the clincher against Bayer 04 Leverkusen. The 28-year-old is Bayern’s highest-rated defender by some distance with 86 points for the season to date.
- Niklas Stark (Hertha Berlin, 13 points) - Here we have another defender who played in midfield on Matchday 12, running 11.04 kilometres and leading his side’s tackle count with 15. Stark also came close to scoring in the 2-1 win over 1. FSV Mainz 05, so his multi-tasking, hard-working approach could make the 21-year-old a useful option for your side.
- Sead Kolasinac (FC Schalke 04, 18 points) - The Schalke man also stepped up into midfield on Matchday 12, got his side's equaliser with a header that proved crucial on the way to a 3-1 win over SV Darmstadt 98, as well as helping him earn an excellent personal points total.
Watch: Hummels discusses Bayern's win over Leverkusen:
- Naby Keita (RB Leipzig, 13 points) - He took under two minutes to make his mark in the 4-1 victory at SC Freiburg, getting his side’s first goal and his fourth of the season with a stunning long-range drive. Averaging ten points per match in his last four outings, the Guinean’s consistency is a valuable asset.
- Thiago (FC Bayern München, 15 points) - The Spaniard had an excellent game in Bayern’s 2-1 win over Leverkusen, getting his first headed goal in the Bundesliga and winning more challenges – 18 – than anyone else on the pitch.
- Michael Gregoritsch (Hamburger SV, 16 points) - The Austrian midfielder was pushed up into attack for the Nordderby draw with SV Werder Bremen due to the absence of Bobby Wood and he enjoyed himself, scoring with his head and with his right foot.
Watch: Keita talks us through his magnificent goal against Freiburg:
- Vedad Ibisevic (Hertha Berlin, 14 points) - Hertha’s 2-1 win over Mainz was a great day for the Bosnian striker, his two goals taking him to 100 in the Bundesliga. More immediately, he has eight for the season so far, and in the fantasy striker charts he only trails Köln’s Anthony Modeste on total points won.
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (FC Schalke 04, 13 points) - Despite missing a penalty, the Cameroonian earned himself a place in the side thanks to a goal and five shots on target, more than anyone else on either side in the 3-1 win over Darmstadt.
- Timo Werner (RB Leipzig, 12 points) - The Leipzig striker scored twice for the league leaders in their win at Freiburg, the third time he has netted a brace this season. Furthermore, he averages a useful ten points per match over his last four outings, making him a consistent option up front.
Watch: Werner gives his verdict on Leipzig's emphatic 4-1 win at Freiburg: