Achraf Hakimi, Kingsley Coman and the fastest Bundesliga players of all time
With the fastest speed ever recorded in Bundesliga already broken thrice in 2019/20, first by Bayern Munich's Kingsley Coman, then by Cologne defender Kingsley Ehizibue and most recently by Borussia Dortmund's Achraf Hakimi, we dust off the history books to unveil the league's all-time top 10 sprinters.
Hakimi became the new frontrunner on Matchday 16 when he tore up the Signal Iduna Park pitch at 22.49 mph against RB Leipzig, beating Coman's 22.16 miles per hour in Bayern Munich's 3-2 win against Paderborn on Matchday 6, and Ehizibue's top speed of 22.3 mph in Cologne's 1-1 draw with Schalke on Matchday 7.
All six recorded their Bundesliga personal bests during the current 2019/20 campaign, while ex-Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (22.02 mph) completes the top seven.
Hertha Berlin full-back Lukas Klünter was the quickest Bundesliga player in 2018/19 (21.99 mph), but has slipped to ninth in the all-time standings behind winger Sheraldo Becker (22.01 mph) of city rivals, Union.
Watch: The Bundesliga's speed demons
The top 10 fastest Bundesliga players of all time
1) Achraf Hakimi (22.49 mph / 36.20 km/h)
2) Moussa Diaby (22.34 mph / 35.95 km/h)
3) Kingsley Ehizibue (22.3 mph / 35.85 km/h)
4) Kingsley Coman (22.16 mph / 35.66 km/h)
5) Jeremiah St. Juste (22.12 mph / 35.60 km/h)
6) Fabian Johnson (22.05 mph / 35.50 hm/h)
7) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (22.02 mph / 35.44 km/h)
8) Sheraldo Becker (22.01 mph / 35.43 km/h)
9) Lukas Klünter (21.99 mph / 35.40 km/h)
10) Artjoms Rudnevs (21.98 mph / 35.39 km/h)
=10) Jan Rosenthal (21.98 mph / 35.39 km/h)