Serhou Guirassy scored a stoppage-time penalty as VfB Stuttgart held Bayern Munich to a third successive Bundesliga draw.
Bayern lacked their usual fluidity as Julian Nagelsmann made six changes to the team that beat Inter Milan 2-0 in the UEFA Champions League in midweek. Stuttgart were close to taking advantage, but Waldemar Anton could not get his head on a Borna Sosa free-kick. That was all the warning Bayern needed as Mathys Tel and Serge Gnabry forced Florian Müller into a superb double save. Tel then became Bayern's youngest Bundesliga scorer, the 17-year-old applying a smart finish to Alphonso Davies' left-wing cross.
Stuttgart came out swinging as Guirassy had a goal ruled out for a Chris Führich foul in the build-up. Führich equalised soon after with a thunderous hit in at Manuel Neuer's near-post, but parity lasted barely three minutes. Jamal Musiala carved out an opening on the edge of the box, and arrowed low and hard into the far bottom corner. The teenager put a goal on a plate for Gnabry moments later, but Müller prevailed in the one-on-one. Guirassy struck the crossbar and had another effort ruled out upon VAR review, before sinking a last-gasp penalty after being caught late by Matthijs de Ligt.
- Bayern are three Bundesliga games without a win for only the third time in four years.
- Guirassy scored his fifth Bundesliga goal, but first since 10 December 2017 (for Cologne).
- Tel scored his second Bayern goal, a fortnight after becoming the club's youngest ever scorer in all competitions with his effort in the DFB Cup.
- Musiala is Bayern's top scorer this season with four goals.
- Sadio Mane is yet to score in a competitive game at the Allianz Arena. All five of his goals for Bayern, including three in the Bundesliga, have fallen on the road.
- Pellegrino Matarazzo did his coaching badges with Nagelsmann, before working under him at Hoffenheim. His record against the current Bayern coach is: W1, D2, L5.
Watch: Jamal Musiala - 'We'll pick up our level again soon'
Bayern: Neuer - Mazraoui (Stanisic 61'), de Ligt, Upamecano, Davies - Kimmich, Goretzka - Gnabry (Gravenberch 81'), Müller (Choupo-Moting 69'), Musiala - Tel (Sane 61')
Unused subs: Ulreich, Hernandez, Pavard, Sabitzer
Out: Coman (muscular), Sarr (patella tendon)
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann
Stuttgart: Müller - Mavropanos (Stenzel 84'), Anton, Ito - Silas (Perea 76'), Endo (c) (Egloff 75'), Karazor, Ahamada (Millot 84'), Sosa - Guirassy, Tomas (Führich 46')
Unused subs: Bredlow, Aidonis, Kastanaras
Out: Coulibaly (toe), Nartey (thigh), Pfeiffer (suspended), Vagnoman (suspended)
Coach: Pellegrino Matarazzo
Watch: Borna Sosa - 'We know how difficult it is to draw in Munich'
Bundesliga Fantasy Team of the Season so far
No Christopher Nkunku or Sadio Mane? Find out the top performers going into the unlimited transfer window...
Union Berlin: From East German also-rans to Bundesliga leaders
The club's remarkable journey has taken them from the basement of German football to its very summit.
Bundesliga top scorer's race: the story so so far
Sadio Mane is not far from the top, but there are several other surprise contenders with Union's Sheraldo Becker leading the way...