The first half of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season will go down in history. A whole host of records were smashed in one of the most spectacular Hinrunden of all time. But who were the standout players? It was up to you to decide, and you voted overwhelmingly for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
With six goals and eights assists to show for 16 Bundesliga appearances so far this term, the six-time Armenian Player of the Year cantered to victory, scooping 62 percent of votes among @Bundesliga_EN users and 56 percent on the @bundesliga_de poll.
Remember: the winner is the man who picks up the most votes from both the @Bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de polls combined.
Club: FC Schalke 04
- With four goals and four assists to his name, Leroy Sane has been involved in more goals than any other Schalke player.
- His four assists are also a club-leading statistic.
- The newly-capped German international scored at least once in six of Schalke’s seven season wins.
- Sane is incredibly robust, winning 46 per cent of his challenges, and fast, having been clocked at 35 km/h.
- Scored a fabulous solo goal against Eintracht Frankfurt on Matchday 6.
Club: Borussia Dortmund
- The Armenian has already had a hand in more Bundesliga goals (14) than he did in the entirety of last season (nine).
- Only Gladbach’s Raffael (eight) has provided as many assists this season.
- Mkhitaryan has made the most challenges (362) of any BVB player and won a respectable 51 per cent of them.
- Scored a brace against Gladbach on Matchday 1.
Club: FC Augsburg
- After a poor start to the season, Bobadilla has come to the fore in recent weeks with all five goals in which he has had a hand (three goals, two assists) coming in the last six Matchdays of the Hinrunde.
- He headed Augsburg into the UEFA Europa League Round of 32.
- Bobadilla knows how to use his physical stature to his advantage winning 51 per cent of his challenges making him one of the meanest forwards in the top flight.
- Check out the Paraguay international's top five Bundesliga goals.
Club: FC Bayern München
- The summer loan signing from Juventus FC has three goals and two assists in his first 11 Bundesliga appearances.
- His displays for FC Bayern earned him international recognition as he was called up to France's senior team for the first time in November.
- Click here to relive a rather special goal from the Juventus loanee.