- Boateng swept to a convincing victory.
- The Bayern man took 55 percent of the vote.
- Leverkusen's Tah came in second.
Jerome Boateng swept to victory to become the first centre-back of your Team of the Season, taking FC Bayern München's contingent to three so far.
The Germany international was the overwhelming victor, taking a massive 55 per cent of the combined vote on the English and German Twitter accounts. Bayer 04 Leverkusen's Jonathan Tah was a distant second (17 per cent), just a few votes ahead of SV Darmstadt 98's Aytac Sulu (17 per cent) with John Anthony Brooks of Hertha Berlin completing the field (11 per cent).
Club: FC Bayern München
Despite sitting out three months injured, the Germany international has been a key member of Bayern's title-winning squad. One of the strongest tacklers in the league, the 27-year-old has been rated "among the world's best defenders" by Bayern head coach Pep Guardiola.
- Has won 71.3 per cent of his challenges.
- Has provided three assists.
- Has completed 86 per cent of his passes.
Club: SV Darmstadt 98
One of the world's deadliest defenders, Darmstadt's captain enjoyed the most successful of his careers so far. Strong in the air, the newly-promoted side's best tackler made a real impact in his maiden Bundesliga season.
- Has scored seven goals this season.
- Is the highest-scoring defender in Europe's top five leagues.
- Has won 63.9 per cent of his aerial challenges.
Club: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The 20-year-old made an immediate impact after joining Leverkusen from local Bundesliga 2 rivals Fortuna Düsseldorf. Strong in the air and with the ball at his feet, the tall centre-back earned his first Germany cap against England in March.
- Has started all but five Bundesliga matches for Leverkusen.
- Has won 61.1 per cent of his challenges.
- Has completed 79.1 per cent of his passes.
Club: Hertha Berlin
After missing parts of the first half of the season through injury, the Berlin-born US international excelled in the Rückrunde, becoming a regular in the Hertha first XI that played their most successful Bundesliga season since the 2008/09 campaign when the capital club finished fourth.
- Has won 63.6 per cent of his aerial challenges.
- Has scored once and provided one assist.