The 2015/16 Bundesliga campaign is drawing to a close, but with seven rounds of matches remaining, all 18 teams still have plenty to play for as they look to get the most out of one of the most exciting seasons in the history of Germany’s top flight.
But how are things shaping up heading into the final stretch and how good are each side's chances of reaching their targets? bundesliga.com puts Hannover 96 under the spotlight.
Story so far
- Fourteen years after being promoted to the Bundesliga on the strength of a record-setting 75-point season, Hannover are edging closer to a return to Bundesliga 2 with some rather less desirable records.
- Die Roten have been bottom for 12 of the 26 matchdays so far, and each of the last ten. The 1-0 loss to fellow relegation candidates Eintracht Frankfurt in their final game before the international break means they are on a run of four straight defeats.
- Long-time SV Werder Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf replaced Michael Frontzeck in January but results have failed to improve, and Matchday 23's 2-1 victory at VfB Stuttgart remains the Lower Saxony club's only win of 2016.
Still to play for
- Their Bundesliga livelihood. Although survival is still mathematically possible, Hannover are ten points adrift and the soonest they could pull away from the foot of the table is Matchday 31, provided that all other results go their way.
- No Bundesliga club have ever preserved their top-flight status after suffering 20 defeats in 27 games, as Hannover now have.
- Hannover will look at fixtures against Hamburger SV, FC Ingolstadt 04 and TSG 1899 Hoffenheim as the most winnable in their run-in, but with FC Bayern München, Hertha Berlin and FC Schalke 04 also left to play, it does not augur well for the 96ers.
Potential saviour: Ron-Robert Zieler
- The 27-year-old goalkeeper, capped six times by Germany, has made 122 saves this season.
- Five of Hannover's last ten defeats have been narrow 1-0 losses. Schaaf's men need to find goals of their own, but Zieler's presence at least gives them a chance of earning valuable points in the final stretch.