Following Wednesday’s 3-0 DFB Cup win at Bundesliga 2 side VfL Bochum, the pair have now scored a combined 50 goals in just 60 appearances.
The mark was reached after a brace by Lewandowski at the rewirpowerSTADION and came just three matches after the Pole and his team-mate became the highest-scoring duo after just 18 games of a league season, at which point they had hit the net 31 times between them.
|UEFA Champions League||3||6|
Did you know…?
- Lewandowski has 29 goals this season: 19 in the league, seven in the DFB Cup and three in the Champions League.
- Müller has 21 goals this term: 14 in the league, three in the DFB Cup and six in the Champions League.
- Lewandowski scored five times in just nine minutes against VfL Wolfsburg back on Matchday 6.
- Lewandowski is just five goals shy of his personal best in a Bundesliga season (he hit 24 for Borussia Dortmund in 2012/13).
- Müller is without a league goal in 2016 but passed his personal best season tally for a Bundesliga campaign back on Matchday 17.
- Bayern next face FC Augsburg in the Bundesliga. Müller has scored five goals against them – including the winner back on Matchday 4 – while Lewandowski has nine against the Függerstädter in as many appearances.