The first half of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season will go down in history. A whole host of records were smashed in one of the most spectacular Hinrunden of all time. But who were the standout players? Well you have voted FC Bayern München's Douglas Costa as your best left winger of the season so far.
It was an extremely close contest between Costa and Marco Reus, but in the end FC Bayern’s jet-heeled Brazilian just got the nod to fill the left-wing slot in your Team of the Hinrunde. The 25-year-old took 49 per cent of the votes among @Bundesliga_EN users – just three per cent more than Reus – as well as 46 per cent on the @bundesliga_de poll, again just three per cent more than the BVB man.
The winner is the man who picks up the most votes from both the @Bundesliga_EN and @bundesliga_de polls combined.
Club: FC Bayern München
- With seven assists to his name, Costa is FC Bayern’s most prolific provider. Gladbach’s Raffael is the only player to have set-up more goals in 2015/16.
- The Brazilian loves to run at defenders and has completed 58 per cent of his dribbles.
- He has proved dynamic as an out-and-out wide man, playing in more crosses (45) than team-mates Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben combined.
- Sample some of the Brazil international's Samba magic here.
Club: Borussia Dortmund
- With eight goals to his name, Reus is Dortmund’s second-highest goalscorer and the sixth-most prolific player in the league.
- Has already scored more goals than he did in the whole of last season (seven in 20 appearances).
- Four of his goals have put BVB 1-0 up in encounters – no other player has score the opening goal as often.
- Is a dab hand when it comes to set pieces.
Club: Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Johnson scored the opening goal of Andre Schubert’s reign as Borussia Mönchengladbach head coach on Matchday 6 against Augsburg, firing the Foals to their first win of the season.
- Having already scored four time this season, the USA international has already set a new personal single-season best.
- Also netted a further two goals in his side's impressive first-ever UEFA Champions League campaign.
- Starred as Gladbach took down FC Bayern on Matchday 15.
Club: SV Darmstadt 98
- Scored Darmstadt's first goal on their return to the Bundesliga: the opener in Matchday 1's 2-2 draw with Hannover 96.
- Has since netted five times.
- Known for his pace and accurate crossing ability.
- Scored a wonder goal against Borussia Dortmund on Matchday 7.