Borussia Dortmund saw off the challenge of Magdeburg in the DFB Cup second round, the Bundesliga giants eventually running out comfortable 5-0 winners against the third-division side, with Castro, Isak, Yarmolenko, Bartra and Kagawa all on the scoresheet for the visitors.
Recap the action below...
Magdeburg: Brunst - St. Schäfer, Weil (Rother 61'), Hammann - Butzen, Niemeyer - Sowislo (c) (Chahed 67'), Erdmann (Handke 82') - Türpitz, Beck, Lohkemper
Coach: Jens Härtel
Dortmund: Bürki - Bartra, Sokratis, Zagadou, Schmelzer (c) (Guerreiro 62') - Sahin - Kagawa, Dahoud (Castro 40') - Yarmolenko, Philipp - Isak (Schürrle 74')
Coach: Peter Bosz
- These two sides met for the first and so far only time in the first round of the 2007/08 DFB Cup with Dortmund running out 4-1 winners.
- Borussia are fourth on the all-time Cup winners' list, with four titles, including last season's.
- Magdeburg have never won the DFB Cup, but they have triumphed in the East Germany Cup seven times.
- Both sides have won the UEFA European Cup Winners' Cup, with Magdeburg triumphing in 1974 and Dortmund winning in 1966.
- Dortmund captain Marcel Schmelzer was born in Magdeburg and represented the club's youth teams. He missed the last meeting through injury.