Hoffenheim were unable to build on their unbeaten start to the Bundesliga campaign and secure a first European point in their history as they were pegged back at Ludogorets Razgrad. Pavel Kaderabek had given TSG an early lead with his maiden goal for the club before two second-half goals from Svetoslav Dyakov and Jody Lukoki turns the tables on Julian Nagelsmann’s side.
Relive all the action in the stream below!
Ludogorets: Broun - Cicinho, Moti, Plastun, Natanael - Dyakov, Anicet - Wanderson, Lukoki, Marcelinho - Gustavo
Coach: Dimitar Dimitrov
Hoffenheim: Baumann - Nordtveit, Vogt, Zuber - Kaderabek, Schulz – Polanski (c) - Rupp, Posch - Uth, Kramaric
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann
- Alongside Borussia Dortmund, Hoffenheim are the only undefeated team in the Bundesliga this season.
- Uth is Hoffenheim’s top scorer this term with six goals in all competitions. The left-footed forward has four in the Bundesliga, and bagged two in the aggregate loss to Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League play-off round.
- Bulgarian clubs are without a win against German opponents in their last 11 European games. CSKA Sofia beat Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 in September 2005, some 12 years ago.
- Searching for their first ever European win on their maiden assault on Europe, Hoffenheim have at least scored in each of their three games so far.
- Nagelsmann is the Bundesliga’s youngest coach, having only celebrated his 30th birthday in July.
- Ludogorets have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three European games.