Werder Bremen coach Florian Kohfeldt has given a clear signal that USMNT striker Josh Sargent is in his immediate plans for this season by ruling out a loan move for the 18-year-old.

“No one needs to call about him, Josh will stay here in the winter,” Kohfeldt told Kicker on Friday.

Sargent joined Bremen from the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida last January, but was only eligible to play for Die Grün-Weißen’s first team on turning 18 in February.

Having spent his time until now with the U23 team in Bremen, Kohfeldt said last month that Sargent’s time spent exclusively with the U23s – in which he has scored seven goals in 11 appearances this season – was over.

The full US international has still yet to feature for the Bremen first-team, with Max Kruse, Martin Harnik and Yuya Osako the preferred front three so far this season. However, it looks to be only a matter of time before he features on a Bundesliga pitch.

Click here for more Werder Bremen news and features!