Goals: 0-1 Wood (1’), 1-1 Hazard (7’), 2-1 Lang (44’), 3-1 Stindl (58’), 4-1 Zakaria (77’)
Hannover took the lead inside 22 seconds as Bobby Wood met Niclas Füllkrug’s pass to bring up the fastest goal of the 2018/19 Bundesliga season, but Gladbach weren’t behind for long. Hazard finished off a devastating attack to level the scores in the seventh minute, the Belgium international moving onto eight Bundesliga goals for the campaign. Despite losing defender Matthias Ginter to a nasty head injury, Gladbach went in at the interval in front courtesy of Michael Lang’s cool finish past Michael Esser late in the half.
Hannover were left with a mountain to climb when former captain Lars Stindl added a third for Gladbach just shy of the hour-mark. Hazard was again involved, teeing up his skipper for a sensational first-time effort that left Esser with no chance in the visiting goal. Alassane Plea almost got in on the act, before his 75th-minute replacement, Denis Zakaria, collected the ball from Tobias Strobl and curled in a sublime fourth. The result sends Gladbach back up to second, to within four points of leaders Borussia Dortmund.
- Gladbach are the only team in this season's Bundesliga with a 100 per cent home record.
- Hazard has scored eight goals in his last nine Bundesliga games.
- Lang scored his first Bundesliga goal. It was the Gladbach defender’s third shot on goal in the Bundesliga.
- Stindl’s goal was Gladbach’s 29th of the season. The last time the Foals scored so many after 12 matches was in 1984/85.
- Gladbach have scored at least once in their last 18 Bundesliga matches.
- Hannover substitute Genki Haraguchi made his 100th Bundesliga appearance.
Gladbach: Sommer – Lang, Ginter (Jantschke 40’), Elvedi, Wendt – Neuhaus, Strobl, Hofmann – Stindl (Raffael 81’) (c), Plea (Zakaria 75’), Hazard
Unused subs: Sippel, Herrmann, Traore, Benes
Absentees: Doucoure (thigh), Kramer (ankle), Traore (groin), Villalba (shoulder)
Coach: Dieter Hecking
Hannover: Esser – Elez, Anton (c), Ostrzolek - Korb, Bakalorz, Maina (Weydandt 71’), Fossum (Wimmer 64’) – Sarenren Bazee (Haraguchi 45+3’), Füllkrug, Wood
Unused subs: Tschauner, Albornoz, Sorg, Muslija
Absentees: Asano (thigh), Felipe (muscular), Hübers, Prib (both knee)
Coach: Andre Breitenreiter
Watch: Thorgan Hazard says he's enjoying himself at Gladbach