Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Monaco
Goals: 1-0 Bruun Larsen (51'), 2-0 Alcacer (72'), 3-0 Reus (90+1')
Dortmund were without the injured Christian Pulisic, but Sancho provided plenty of spark down the left-hand side and was a willing outlet from the get-go. Roman Bürki had to make a couple of saves from Youri Tielemans, but it was otherwise all BVB with Paco Alcacer shooting wide and Marius Wolf forcing a finger-tip save from former Wolfsburg goalkeeper Diego Benaglio.
Dortmund continued to press after the restart, and were rewarded when Sancho sent Jacob Bruun Larsen through on goal - the Dane keeping his head to sweep the ball beyond substitute goalkeeper Daniel Subasic. Alcacer smashed a penalty against the crossbar, but the Barcelona loanee made amends by rounding Subasic to bring up his fourth goal in a Dortmund shirt shortly afterwards. A late effort from Marco Reus capped a commanding win, which sends the Bundesliga leaders top of Group A, ahead of Atletico Madrid, on goal difference.
- Reus has had a hand in eight goals in his first six Bundesliga matches for the first time in his career. He also scored the last time Dortmund faced Monaco.
- Sancho has provided an assist every 25 minutes in the league this season. His total of five (six in all comps) is more than Cristiano Ronaldo for Juventus and Lionel Messi for Barcelona.
- BVB defender Abdou Diallo spent three seasons at Monaco, including a season on loan at Zulte Waragem, but made just 10 Ligue 1 appearances before signing for Mainz.
- Dortmund have a positive record at home to French teams in Europe (W5, D3, L2).
- Favre presided over two 4-0 wins against Monaco when in charge of former club Nice.
- The principality club have failed to win any of their last 10 Champions League matches, including losses in their last four.
Dortmund: Bürki - Piszczek, Akanji, Zagadou, Diallo - Witsel, Delaney 8(Weigl 65')- Wolf (Bruun Larsen 46'), Reus (c), Sancho (Philipp 84') - Alcacer
Unused subs: Hitz - Hakimi, Guerreiro, Dahoud
Absentees: Götze (illness), Kagawa (ankle), Pulisic (calf), Schmelzer (ankle), Toljan (knock), Toprak (thigh)
Coach: Lucien Favre
Monaco: Benaglio (Subasic 45') - Raggi, Glik, Jemerson, Henrichs - Tielemans, Aholou, Golovin (Chadli 77'), Sidibe, Falcao (c), Sylla (Grandsir 70')
Unused subs: Barreca, N'Doram, Ait-Bennasser, Diop
Absentees: Rony Lopes (thigh), Jovetic (calf), Geubbels (thigh)
Coach: Leonardo Jardim