- Ruhr rivals meet for the 89th time in the Bundesliga.
- Dortmund unbeaten in last three meetings.
- Electrifying derby with over 80,000 in attendance.
The industrial Ruhr region of Germany is preparing to come to a halt once again on Saturday evening as Borussia Dortmund host FC Schalke 04 in this season's first Revierderby (kick-off 18:30CEST/16:30GMT).
Both points and local bragging rights are at stake and with Dortmund unbeaten in their last three Revierderby outings, they have a reputation to live up to here. In an exclusive interview with bundesliga.com Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang outlines what it means to win the fixture, so expect Thomas Tuchel's men to be highly motivated at the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK.
After losing their first five games of the season, Schalke have turned the corner with seven points from their last three matches, and a win at their arch-rivals would be the perfect way to get their season right back on track. Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting is back in contention for the Royal Blues, who are starting to come good, even without injured striker Breel Embolo.
- Dortmund have never gone four games without a win under Tuchel – they are on a three-game winless streak for only the second time since he took charge.
- A league table of the last three matchdays would have Schalke in third, behind Hoffenheim and Leipzig.
- Schalke have scored more goals than anybody else over the last three games (eight).
- Six of Schalke's last eight goals have come from summer signings.
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has scored five times past Dortmund – more than any other Schalke player in Revierderbys.
- Mario Götze has managed just two shots on goal in 302 minutes of action this season, while he has never scored in eight previous meetings with Schalke.