- Leverkusen are enjoying an eight-game unbeaten streak in the Bundesliga.
- Roger Schmidt's men lost to Werder Bremen on Matchday 7.
- Hoffenheim beat Freiburg to make it three wins on the bounce.
Leverkusen will be keen to recover from last weekend's surprise defeat at the hands of SV Werder Bremen, and should be feeling confident at the BayArena. Since another loss to Bremen at the start of March, they have been unbeatable on home soil, notching up seven wins and a draw in the Bundesliga. They also have an excellent record against Hoffenheim, with 13 victories in 16 top-flight meetings.
Hoffenheim are one of four Bundesliga sides yet to taste defeat this season, along with leading trio FC Bayern München, 1. FC Köln and RB Leipzig. Coach Julian Nagelsmann, 29, will be delighted with how his troops have been performing in recent weeks, with 2-1 victories over FC Schalke 04, FC Ingolstadt 04 and SC Freiburg. The visitors will be hoping Sandro Wagner can find the back of the net for the third game running as they bid for just a second Bundesliga win over Die Werkself.
- Leverkusen have picked up seven points from a possible nine at home this season, scoring five and conceding just once.
- Leverkusen would leapfrog Hoffenheim in the table with a win.
- This is the second time that Hoffenheim have been unbeaten in the Bundesliga after seven matches.
- A win would put Hoffenheim on 16 points after eight games. They last managed that in their debut season, 2008/09, when they were actually top heading into the winter break.
- Hoffenheim have started the campaign with four draws followed by three victories, the first time in six years they have managed such a run.
- Leverkusen are Hoffenheim's ultimate bogey side, having won 13 of their 16 previous Bundesliga encounters.