- Wolfsburg without a win since Matchday 1.
- Leipzig unbeaten after six matches.
- Gomez still awaits first Bundesliga goal for Wolves.
The Bundesliga newcomers are the first promoted club in history to go six matches of a new season without defeat, and are already being talked up as genuine European candidates following wins over Borussia Dortmund, Hamburger SV and FC Augsburg and draws with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Borussia Mönchengladbach and 1. FC Köln.
Wolfsburg's quest to play continental football next term has not got off to the best of starts, meanwhile. Despite impressing in their Matchday 1 triumph at Augsburg, the Wolves have failed to win and have only scored twice in their five matches since, and are currently closer to the bottom three than the top seven.
- Wolfsburg are without a win in three home matches for the first time under Hecking and five in total.
- Wolfsburg striker Mario Gomez is without a goal in seven Bundesliga matches dating back to his final season at former club FC Bayern München in 2012/13.
- No Bundesliga team has been involved in as many goalless draws this season as Wolfsburg (three - as many as in their last four seasons combined).
- Not including the inaugural campaign in 1963/64, Leipzig are the first Bundesliga newcomer to go unbeaten in their first six top-flight matches.
- RB Leipzig have already won as many top-flight matches as the last team from the Saxony city to play in the Bundesliga, VfB Leipzig, managed over the entire course of the 1993/94 campaign.
- Leipzig defender Bernardo could make his fifth Bundesliga appearance - one more than his father managed whilst on the books at Bayern in 1991.