- Leaders Bayern have won five out of five this term.
- Köln impressive in unbeaten start.
- FCB have won last six head-to-head meetings.
A 2-0 win over Hamburger SV on Matchday 5 made it five wins out of five for Carlo Ancelotti’s high-flying outfit, but in truth Hamburg gave the reigning champions their most searching examination of the campaign to date. Ancelotti has an embarrassment of riches to pick from, but Joshua Kimmich is making a fine case to start every game with four goals prior to the midweek meeting with Atletico Madrid.
Köln dropped points for only the second time this term when being held 1-1 by RB Leipzig at home on Sunday. Peter Stoger’s side ground out a result thanks to Yuya Osako’s equaliser after conceding an early Oliver Burke goal, showing the type of grit they are likely to need when pitching up at the Allianz Arena, where Bayern lost just once last season.
- Köln are undefeated in ten Bundesliga matches.
- The match-up will see the best defence (Bayern) face the second best defence (Köln).
- Bayern have won the last six matches against Köln, scoring 18 goals.
- Robert Lewandowski has won every match against Köln so far. He has scored seven goals in eight matches against the Billy Goats.
- Statistically this is the top match of Matchday 6 with the league leaders entertaining the third-placed team in the league.