Hannover - Both Hannover 96 and VfB Stuttgart have made their worst-ever starts to a season, meaning Wednesday's encounter offers a chance to boost their own morale and deepen the other's troubles (kick-off 20:00 CEST/18:00 GMT).
- Both clubs have made their worst-ever starts to a season: Hannover have a single point while Stuttgart are yet to open their account.
- Neither side have won since 23 May when they triumphed 2-1 over SC Freiburg and SC Paderborn 07 respectively to condemn their opponents to relegation (and save themselves).
- This is the first time this fixture has been played with both teams in the bottom three.
- Stuttgart have conceded a Bundesliga-high 13 goals, Hannover have let in 12, the second-highest tally (along with Borussia Mönchengladbach).
- The Swabians have not won in eight visits to Hannover. Their last victory came in November 2006 (1-2).
- Should Stuttgart taste defeat then they would equal the Bundesliga record set by Fortuna Düsseldorf in 1991/92, who lost the opening six matches. Borussia Mönchengladbach could do likewise as they host FC Augsburg.
Hannover: Zieler - Sakai, Marcelo, Schulz, Albornoz - Sorg, Sane, Karaman - Andreasen, Kiyotake - Sobiech
Absentees: Bech (suspended), Prib (ankle)
Stuttgart: Tyton - Klein, Sunjic, Baumgartl, Insua - Serey Die, Gentner - Didavi, Kostic - Werner, Ginczek
Absentees: Langerak (knee), Kruse (calf)