- Hamburg with one point from six after defeat to Leverkusen last time out.
- Newly-promoted Leipzig are fifth after historic, last-gasp win over Dortmund.
- This is the first ever meeting between the two sides.
Hamburger SV will be seeking their first win of the new Bundesliga campaign as they host RB Leipzig on Saturday, with the visitors still flying high after last week’s historic win over Borussia Dortmund (kick-off 15:30 CEST / 13:30 GMT).
Six-time champions Hamburg have made a slow start to the new campaign. After being held to a 1-1 draw by FC Ingolstadt 04 on Matchday 1, they were beaten 3-1 by Bayer 04 Leverkusen last weekend, as Joel Pohjanpalo grabbed a dramatic late hat-trick from the bench. Coach Bruno Labbadia will be expecting an improved performance as his side face RB Leipzig for the very first time.
The promoted side are looking very much at home in the Bundesliga. After rescuing a late draw at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on the opening weekend, their stunning win over Borussia Dortmund – thanks to substitute Naby Keita’s 89-minute strike – pushed them up to fifth in the table. Now they are hoping to build on that result in Hamburg.
- On Matchday 2, RB Leipzig celebrated their first Bundesliga win seven years after their foundation.
- Hamburg are without a win in their last five matches against promoted sides.
- HSV have surrendered 1-0 leads in their two Bundesliga outings of the season so far.
- All four of the Bundesliga goals conceded by Hamburg this season have been scored by substitutes.
- Bobby Wood has scored two Bundesliga goals from two shots on goal in 2016/17.