It was a post-Mexican Independence day to remember for Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Marco Fabian as the 27-year-old outshone his friend, Bayer 04 Leverkusen striker Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez in a 2-1 Eagles win. Fabian's fine cross eventually led to the game's opening goal – scored by Alex Meier – while his 79th minute strike eclipsed Chicharito's equaliser to give Eintracht a second successive home success.
Having stolen the headlines from his disappointed compatriot – who also missed a late penalty at the Commerzbank Arena – has Fabian's performance and maiden Bundesliga goal earned him your vote for Matchday 3 MVP?
Top Facts - Fabian
- Fabian's seven shots on goal matched Leverkusen's total count.
- Saturday's encounter was the first time Fabian and Chicharito met on opposing teams.
- Fabian's 79th-minute winner was his first goal in 12 Bundesliga games.
- Fabian joined the Eagles from Chivas Guadalajara last January.
- With his winning goal, Fabian picks up 15 Official Fantasy Bundesliga points!
Watch: Marco Fabian describes his feelings after his match-winning performance.