Cologne - After a solid start to the campaign, 1. FC Köln can extend their unbeaten start to the season to three matches when they host Hamburger SV at the RheinEnergieStadion on Saturday (kick-off 15:30 CEST).
Peter Stöger's side could conceivably be joint-top of the table after two rounds of matches. After a clinical 3-1 win away at VfB Stuttgart on Matchday 1, they dominated last season's runners-up VfL Wolfsburg for long spells, only to concede a late equaliser in a 1-1 draw.
Hamburg, for their part, will come into this encounter with confidence brimming after coming from behind against VfB to seal a 3-2 success, their first of the season, last Saturday. bundesliga.com previews the action between these two former Bundesliga champions....
- Hamburg were victorious in one of their opening two matches of a season for the first time in five years.
- HSV have scored three goals so far this term. They needed eight matches to reach that figure in 2014/15.
- Köln are yet to concede a goal from open play this season.
- Bruno Labbadia is unbeaten as a Bundesliga coach against the Billy Goats (four wins, three draws).
- Anthony Modeste has scored three in three against Hamburg in the Bundesliga.
- Köln have kept a clean sheet in their last two matches against HSV. The last time they secured three shut-outs in a row against the northerners was at the beginning of the 1990s.
Possible line-up: Horn - Olkowski, Sörensen, Heintz, Hector - Lehmann, Vogt - Risse, Jojic, Bittencourt - Modeste
Absentees: Maroh (fitness), Mavraj (fitness), Osako (knee)
Possible line-up: Adler - Diekmeier, Jung, Spahic, Sakai - Ekdal, Kacar - Holtby - Olic, Schipplock, Ilicevic
Absentees: Djourou (thigh)