- A look at some of the key on-field battles ahead of this weekend's Revierderby.
- Tussles between strikers and defenders likely to prove decisive.
- Dortmund won earlier in the season, and have triumphed three times in their last five away meetings with Schalke.
The Revierderby between FC Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund dominates the Matchday 29 calendar this weekend, but where will it be won and lost?
bundesliga.com highlights some of the key battles that could determine the outcome of the game.
MATIP VS AUBAMEYANG
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is enjoying his most prolific season as a footballer, with 23 Bundesliga goals to his name so far this season.
- 'Auba' also and has five assists in the league in 2015/16.
- The Gabon international regularly clocks top speeds of over 34 km/h.
- Joel Matip has not missed a single minute of Bundesliga action this term.
- The centre-back has won a whopping 63.5 per cent of all his challenges, and is superb in the air, winning 75 per cent of all headers.
HUNTELAAR VS HUMMELS
- Mats Hummels is the rock in Dortmund's defence, winning 68.3 of all his tackles.
- Not only is the BVB captain a mean defender, he is also handy with the ball at his feet: the 27-year-old has completed 84.9 per cent of all his passes and chipped in with two goals and an assist.
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has not been firing on all cylinders this term but still has eight goals and two assists.
- The veteran Dutchman scored twice when the teams met on Matchday 12 earlier this season.
SANE VS REUS
- This will be one of the most intriguing battles, with two nimble-footed, attack-minded wingers set to do battle on the flank.
- Leroy Sane has been used sparingly by coach Andre Breitenreiter this season, starting just 17 of Schalke's 28 matches.
- The 20-year-old's return of five goals and five assists is therefore all the more impressive.
- Marco Reus has struggled with niggling injuries this season (20 Bundesliga starts), but when fit is guaranteed a place in the Dortmund side.
- The Germany international has contributed ten goals and three assists, and links up superbly with Aubameyang and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.