HSV head coach Markus Gisdol will be without the services of Nicolai Müller, who has been ruled out for the rest of the season with knee ligament damage. Rene Adler suffered heavy bruising on his chest and will miss the match, while Christian Mathenia likely to deputise.
Hamburg: Mathenia - Diekmeier, Papadopoulos, Mavraj, Ostrzolek - Sakai (c), Walace - Kostic, Holtby, Hunt - Wood
Coach: Markus Gisdol
Absentees: Müller (knee), Ekdal (pulled muscle), Djourou (muscle strain)
Hoffenheim: Baumann - Bicakcic, Süle, Hübner - Rudy (c), Vogt, Schwegler, Zuber - Terrazzino, Kramaric, Wagner
Coach: Julian Nagelsmann
- 51 points after 27 games is a new club record for Hoffenheim.
- For the first time in Bundesliga history, there are two clubs who have just two defeats after 27 games of the season (Hoffenheim and Bayern).
- Hoffenheim are set for their 300th Bundesliga game and could score their 200th away goal (they have 199).
- The last six teams who have beaten Bayern have failed to win their next Bundesliga fixture, with only one of them drawing – the other five were beaten.
- The last team to beat Bayern and then win their next game were Borussia Mönchengladbach on 4 April 2015 – that was a 4-1 win over Hoffenheim, coming after a 2-0 win in Munich.
- Andrej Kramaric has scored seven goals in his last seven games.
- HSV are unbeaten in their last eight home games – their longest such stream in seven years.
- HSV coach Markus Gisdol faces the side he saved from relegation in 2013.
- Gisdol sat on the Hoffenheim bench 85 times and is, together with Ralf Rangnick, still their longest-serving coach.
- Hamburg have not conceded in 111 minutes in which Kyriakos Papadopoulos has been on the field in 2017; without him they have conceded a goal every 19 minutes this year.