Eintracht ended a five-game losing streak in the league with their 0-0 draw against Hamburg on Matchday 25. A second home game in succession presents the seventh-placed Eagles with a chance to get back to winning ways against a team with whom they played out a scoreless draw earlier in the campaign. A first victory in seven would keep Frankfurt firmly in the hunt for a European place.
Gladbach lost 1-0 at home to leaders Bayern Munich last time out in what was the start of a string of fixtures against the league’s top sides. The Foals are tenth in the table but they have a good chance to make up some ground considering that their next five games are against the teams currently sat between third and seventh. However, Gladbach only managed to take a total of two points from those matches in the first half of the season.
- The Foals have lost back-to-back Bundesliga games for the first time under Dieter Hecking. However, those matches were at the in-form Hamburg and at home to Bayern.
- Frankfurt are without a win in three home games, collecting just one point.
- Mönchengladbach are unbeaten in four against Eintracht.
- The two teams meet again on 25 April in the semi-final of the DFB Cup at the BORUSSIA-Park.
- Mahmoud Dahoud has had a hand in four goals in three games against Frankfurt.
- Argentine David Abraham is on the verge of his 100th Bundesliga appearance.