• Leipzig seeking ninth home win of the season.
• Cologne winless in three in all competitions.
• Teams played out a 1-1 draw in September.
The Saxon club had lost their unbeaten home record against Hamburg a week previously, so they will be out to prove that that was just a minor blip when they host Cologne.
Cologne have gone three matches without a win, having lost in the DFB Cup at Hamburg and against Freiburg in the league.
Anthony Modeste scored his 17th goal of the campaign in the 1-1 draw with Schalke on Matchday 21 and this weekend the French striker will be out to fire the Billy Goats to their fourth away win of the season.
Watch: the unstoppable rise of Naby Keita:
- Leipzig already have 14 league wins. No promoted team has ever had as many victories at the same stage of the season – not even the Kaiserslautern side that went on to win the Bundesliga in the 1997/1998 campaign.
- The Red Bulls have the best home record in the league along with Hertha Berlin – both sides have taken one more point than Bayern Munich.
- Seven of the 21 goals the home side have conceded this season have been headers, including four in the last three matches.
- Cologne have won only one of their last five away games, a 6-1 success at bottom club Darmstadt.
- Billy Goats boss Peter Stöger and Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhüttl won three league titles with Austria Vienna between 1991 and 1993. They also played for the Austrian national team together.
- Hasenhüttl played for Cologne in the German second tier between 1998 and 2000. He scored only three goals in 41 matches and after they were promoted he left for Greuther Fürth.