Julian Nagelsmann was unable to celebrate his first year in charge at Hoffenheim last weekend as he watched his side go down 2-1 to VfL Wolfsburg. Following only their second loss of the season, TSG will be hoping to revert back to the form they were used to in the first half of the season as they welcome the club currently bottom of the table.
Darmstadt will be on cloud nine following their 2-1 victory against Borussia Dortmund on Saturday afternoon as both Terrence Boyd and Antonio Colak netted against their coach's former club. Now needing only five points to ensure their escape from the relegation zone, Torsten Frings and his Lillies side still look to have plenty of fight left in them as they battle to remain in the Bundesliga.
- Hoffenheim have lost two of their three matches so far in the Rückrunde after going through the first half of the season unbeaten.
- Darmstadt are yet to win a single point in nine away matches so far this season.
- TSG are unbeaten in 10 home matches this season. Eleven home Bundesliga games without defeat would be a club record.
- The visitors have not earned points in two successive matches this season.
- Sandro Wagner is available again for the Sinsheim club following his suspension. With 14 goals last season, he helped Darmstadt stay in the Bundesliga.
- Darmstadt have never lost to Hoffenheim in three Bundesliga matches. Having won 2-0 in Sinsheim last season, Darmstadt are the only current Bundesliga team that Hoffenheim have not scored against at home.