Dortmund will now want to see a repeat of their shock defeat to bottom of the table SV Darmstadt 98 on Matchday 20 when they face Wolves on Saturday afternoon. With Thomas Tuchel's side only taking four points this calendar year and seven points separating third and seventh place in the table, Borussia will need to strengthen their defensive display if they are to ensure a spot in Europe next season.
Coming from behind to win 2-1 against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, it proved to be a good day at the office for Wolfsburg on Sunday. With a performance similar to that seen in the second half against Julian Nagelsmann's side, The Wolves could certainly be a threat to the Dortmund defence.
- Dortmund are unbeaten at home in a club-record 30 Bundesliga matches. In contrast, they have lost four out of 11 away matches so far this season.
- Wolfsburg have conceded in each of their last 15 Bundesliga matches against Dortmund – letting in 40 goals over that period.
- Borussia’s home run is the ninth best in Bundesliga history. If they avoid defeat on Saturday, they will move joint-eighth with Christoph Daum’s Bayer 04 Leverkusen side from the 1990s.
- The Wolves have lost all three matches they have played against Thomas Tuchel’s Dortmund. They have lost the past two matches 5-1.
- Marco Reus has scored nine goals in his last nine matches against Wolfsburg.
- Jakub Blaszczykowksi will return to Dortmund for the first time since leaving the club. In addition, BVB’s Andre Schürrle was a Wolfsburg player last season, while Vieirinha and Raphael Guerreiro won Euro 2016 together with Portugal. Paul-Georges Ntep and Ousmane Dembele were team mates at Rennes last season.