Only two points and two positions apart, it is set to be a well-matched affair when FC Augsburg make the 78-kilometre trip south to take on FC Ingolstadt 04 at the Audi Sportpark on Saturday of Matchday 20 (kick-off: 15.30CET/14.30GMT).
Ingolstadt new boy Dario Lezcano made an impressive debut in a 2-0 defeat at Borussia Dortmund last time out, with the Paraguayan charged with scoring the goals in tight encounters such as these to keep Ralph Hasenhüttl's well-organised unit in the top-flight.
That will be a tough ask against an Augsburg defence yet to be breached in 2016, however. Die Fuggerstädter's upward curve has continued into the new year after Markus Weinzierl's men recorded back-to-back stalemates versus Hertha Berlin and Eintracht Frankfurt.
Australia international Mathew Leckie's first Bundesliga goal sealed a 1-0 victory for FC Ingolstadt 04 away to FC Augsburg.
Matchday 20 - match facts
- Augsburg's seven-game unbeaten run is the longest of any side in the top flight. The club record is eight games without defeat.
- Ingolstadt, however, could win back-to-back home games for the first time in their top-flight history on Matchday 20.
- Die Schanzer's current position of tenth - despite only scoring 12 goals - is the leagie's highest-ever position for so few goals after 19 games.
- Weinzierl's side made it a club-record three successive clean sheets after Matchday 19's stalemate with Frankfurt.
- FCA winger Caiuby represented Ingolstadt from January 2011 until summer 2014 - scoring 21 goals in 104 Bundesliga 2 games.
- Augsburg have won all three competitive games in Ingolstadt: twice in Bundesliga 2 (2008/09, 2010/11) and once in the DFB Cup (2009/10).
Ingolstadt: Özcan - da Costa, Matip, Hübner, Suttner - Roger - Groß, Morales - Hartmann, Lezcano, Leckie
Absentees: Levels (ankle), Danilo (foot)
Augsburg: Hitz - Verhaegh, Hong, Klavan, Max - Kohr - Koo - Esswein, Ji, Caiuby - Bobadilla
Absentees: Callsen-Bracker (shin), Baier (suspended)