The Olympiastadion will provide the stage for two of this season’s surprise packages to end the year on a high note when high-flying Hertha Berlin host 1. FSV Mainz 05 on Sunday (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
- Mainz’s current tally of 24 points means they have already had the third-best first season half in club history. A victory in Berlin would make it the second-best.
- Hertha have already won as many games this season (nine) as they did in the entire 2014/15 campaign.
- The visitors are unbeaten in their last six consecutive league games (three wins, three draws) and have also not tasted defeat in their last four away fixtures.
- Mainz conceded 19 goals in their first 11 Bundesliga outings this season, but have let in just two in the five games since.
- Hertha’s Salomon Kalou (eight goals) and Vedad Ibisevic (six) are among the most clinical strikers in the league, averaging a goal every four shots.
- Mainz midfielder Yunus Malli has scored 14 goals in the 2015 calendar year - more than any other midfielder in the league.
Hertha: Jarstein – Regäsel, Langkamp, Brooks, Plattenhardt – Skjelbred, Lustenberger (c) – Kalou, Darida, Weiser - Ibisevic
Absentees: Kraft (shoulder), Allagui (knee), Schieber (light training)
Mainz: Karius – Brosinski, Bungert, Bell, Bengtsson – Baumgartlinger (c), Latza – De Blasis, Malli, Samperio - Muto
Absentees: Soto (ligament)