A rejuvenated FC Augsburg side will be looking to cement their reputation as Hamburger SV’s bogey team when the clubs meet at the Volksparkstadion on Saturday afternoon (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
- Augsburg won their two most recent away games without conceding a goal (1-0 away to 1. FC Köln and 4-0 away to VfB Stuttgart).
- The Bavarians have only ever won three consecutive away matches in the Bundesliga once before.
- Hamburg spent the last two winter breaks in the bottom half of the table, but could go into 2016 in the top half with a victory here.
- Since earning a maiden promotion to the Bundesliga in 2011, Augsburg have won 188 points. HSV have collected 168 points in the same period.
- Augsburg striker Raul Bobadilla has won five of the six Bundesliga matches he has played against Hamburg. The Paraguayan has scored in each of the three meetings with HSV as an Augsburg player.
Hamburg: Adler (c) – Sakai, Cleber, Spahic, Ostrzolek – Jung, Holtby – Müller, Gregoritsch, Ilicevic - Lasogga
Absentees: Kacar (knee), Ekdal (ankle), Kohr (suspended)
Augsburg: Hitz – Verhaegh (c), Hong, Klavan, Max – Kohr, Baier – Esswein, Koo, Caiuby - Bobadilla
Absentees: Callsen-Bracker (ankle), Werner (pelvis)