FC Schalke 04 could break back into the Bundesliga top four this weekend if results go their way, but must first overcome fellow UEFA Europa League participants FC Augsburg on Sunday (kick-off 15:30CET/14:30GMT).
- Augsburg have never beaten Schalke in any competition. Of the sides' eight Bundesliga fixtures, Die Fuggerstädter have drawn three and lost five.
- All three of those draws were in Augsburg, meaning Schalke have only won once in the Bavarian city.
- The Royal Blues have never conceded more than once in a single game against Augsburg.
- Schalke have scored a total of three goals in the WWK ARENA, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar getting all of them.
- Daniel Baier and Tobias Werner have played in every one of FCA's eight Bundesliga clashes with Schalke.
- Augsburg's Caiuby made his Bundesliga debut for Wolfsburg against Schalke in 2008. He was substituted on, scored and substituted off all in the space of eight minutes.
- Schalke's Max Meyer scored his first ever Bundesliga goal against Augsburg.
- In the corresponding fixture last season, Augsburg had 21 shots on goal, but the game ended 0-0.
- Augsburg's Halil Altintop was born in Gelsenkirchen and played for Schalke between 2006 and 2010.
Augsburg: Hitz - Opare, Callsen-Bracker, Klavan, Max - Baier - Esswein, Kohr, Koo, Caiuby - Bobadilla
Absentees: Hong (fitness), Parker (fitness), Werner (pelvis), Verhaegh (suspended)
Schalke: Fährmann – Riether, Höwedes (c), Matip, Aogo – Sane, Goretzka, Höjbjerg, Meyer – Choupo-Moting, Huntelaar
Absentees: Nastasic (achilles), Uchida (knee), Höger (knee)