Augsburg: Hitz, Verhaegh (c), Gouweleeuw, Hinteregger, Stafylidis – Baier, Korh – Schmid, Altintop, Max - Finnbogason
Coach: Manuel Baum
Hamburg: Mickel – Diekmeier, Papadopoulos, Mavraj, Ostrzolek – Walace, Sakai (c) - Hunt, Holtby, Gregoritsch – Wood
Coach: Markus Gisdol
- After four losses in their last five games, Augsburg come into Matchday 31 in 16th place.
- Hamburg have lost their last two Bundesliga outings, but have yet to lose three in a row in 2017.
- Augsburg beat Cologne in their last home game, but have now won two successive matches on their own turf since the 2014/15 campaign.
- Hamburg won 3-1 in Augsburg on Matchday 34 last season with all their goals coming from set-pieces. They have scored just four times in the whole of 2016/17 from dead-ball situations.
- Augsburg have not kept a clean sheet in their last 15 Bundesliga games, an unwanted club record.
- Only Darmstadt (23) have scored fewer goals than Augsburg (29) and Hamburg (30, equal with Wolfsburg).