Munich - EA Sports and FIFA 14 present a virtual showdown of Saturday evening's clash (kick-off 18:30 CET) between an in-form FC Schalke 04 side against second-place Bayer 04 Leverkusen.
So kick back and enjoy the video, alongside the standout statistics these two have thrown up over the years.
- Schalke have lost just one of their last five matches against Bayer (a 2-0 defeat in the BayArena on 17 November 2012).
- Only VfB Stuttgart have a worse record (29 defeats) than Schalke (26) against Leverkusen in the Bundesliga.
- Heung-Min Son has lost all four games he has played against Schalke (three for Hamburger SV, one for Leverkusen).
- Schalke’s win over Bayer on Matchday 4 was the Royal Blues’ first victory of the season. It was also Leverkusen’s first defeat in 11 league games, and the first loss under head coach Sami Hyypiä.
- Perhaps the most noteworthy encounter between these two teams came on 11 February 2006, when Schalke won a thrilling game 7-4 in Gelsenkirchen. It was and remains the only time Bayer have conceded seven in a single Bundesliga game.