Few sides have endured as many ups and downs this season, but with eight games left to play, the Royal Blues are once again honing in on those all-important UEFA Champions League places.
- Schalke have scored during the second half of the season. Only top two Bayern and Dortmund have hit the net on more occasions (25).
- Like Bayern, Schalke have notched 12 goals on the counter this season.
- Schalke have also scored 12 times in the last 15 minutes of games. Again, only Bayern can top that (14).
- Schalke boast 14 different scorers this season - only one fewer than the league leaders.
- Conceding 43 times so far this season, Schalke’s defence is the most porous it has been since 1987/88 when they shipped 64 goals.
- Only Werder Bremen have conceded more goals (22) since the winter break than Schalke (18).
- No other team in the Bundesliga has conceded as many goals to opposition strikers as Schalke (21).
- Schalke have given away 13 goals on the counter this season.
has scored seven times in 23 Bundesliga outings this term. The young midfielder had managed only three goals in 45 league outings prior to 2012/13, but appears to be relishing the free role given to him by head coach Jens Keller, the German international having found the net four times since the winter break.
- Matchday 27: 1899 Hoffenheim (H)
- Matchday 28: Werder Bremen (A)
- Matchday 29: Bayer 04 Leverkusen (H)
- Matchday 30: Eintracht Frankfurt (A)
- Matchday 31: Hamburger SV (H)
- Matchday 32: Borussia Mönchengladbach (A)
- Matchday 33: VfB Stuttgart (H)
- Matchday 32: SC Freiburg (A)