Nine points shy of even the relegation play-off place, the Clover Leaves require an awful lot to go their way in their remaining eight games if they are to hold on to their corner at German football's top table. That said, the team's performance in the 2-2 draw at Werder Bremen last time out demonstrated that if they are to go down, it will not be without a struggle. "There was passion, there was commitment, they really emptied the tank," new head coach Frank Cramer enthused.
- Fürth have lost just one of their last four games (3-0 to Hoffenheim on Matchday 25).
- Only FC Bayern (one) have conceded fewer goals from crosses than Fürth (four).
- Fürth have engaged in the most defensive one-on-ones in the division (with the opposition in possession).
- Until the game at Bremen, Fürth had not managed to score either from a cross or a free-kick all season. Stephan Fürstner (from a cross) and Thanos Petsos (direct free kick) broke both those ducks against Werder.
- Fürth have not won any of their last six matches (three draws, three defeats).
- 15 points from 26 games is the worst return of any side in the Bundesliga since 2009/10, when Hertha BSC had the same amount - and went on to finish the season bottom of the table.
- The debutants have not won a single home game in 13 attempts to date, an unwelcome Bundesliga record from the start of a season. They have also failed to score in ten of those encounters, leaving them just one shy of Tasmania Berlin's all-time low of not scoring in 11 home matches in 1965/66.
Wolfgang Hesl has kept out 79 percent of all attempts on his goal since league action recommenced in January - the best rate of any regular top-flight custodian. The 27-year-old shot-stopper looks well on his way to finally establishing himself as a first-choice keeper in the German professional game.
- Matchday 27: Eintracht Frankfurt (H)
- Matchday 28: Borussia Mönchengladbach (A)
- Matchday 29: Borussia Dortmund (H)
- Matchday 30: 1. FC Nürnberg (A)
- Matchday 31: Hannover 96 (H)
- Matchday 32: VfB Stuttgart (A)
- Matchday 33: SC Freiburg (H)
- Matchday 34: FC Augsburg (A)