- Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool FC drew 1-1 at the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK in last Thursday's first leg.
- Thomas Tuchel's BVB were held by local rivals FC Schalke 04 on Matchday 29.
- Marco Reus, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ilkay Gündogan set to return to starting line-up.
Borussia Dortmund face their toughest test yet in this season's UEFA Europa League when they travel to Liverpool FC, coached by Jürgen Klopp, with the second leg of the sides' quarter-final tie finely poised at 1-1.
Jürgen Klopp's return to the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK as Liverpool coach last time out was overshadowed by a brilliant first leg, which ended perfectly poised at 1-1 thanks to goals from Divock Origi and Mats Hummels.
Dortmund warmed up for the return trip to Anfield with a hard-fought 2-2 draw at local rivals FC Schalke 04 on Matchday 29, a thrilling game which will live long in the memory, in no small part down to Shinji Kagawa's wonderful opening goal.
- Liverpool boast an imposing record at Anfield in the Europa League this term (W4 D3).
- The Reds also remain unbeaten in this season's competition (W4 D7).
- Dortmund have, however, won five of their seven away fixtures in Europe this term (W5 D1 L1).
- BVB midfielder Nuri Sahin spent five months on loan with Liverpool in the 2012/13 season.
- Liverpool's Emre Can and Dortmund's Gonzalo Castro played together at Bayer 04 Leverkusen in 2013/14.
- If Hummels features, it will be his 50th appearance in European club competition.
- Die Schwarz-Gelben have struck the woodwork a remarkable ten times since Matchday 1 in this competition, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan responsible for five of those efforts.
Liverpool: Mignolet - Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno - Can, Milner - Coutinho, Lallana - Sturridge, Origi
Absentees: Gomez, Benteke, Henderson, Ings (all knee), Rossiter (hamstring)
Coach: Jürgen Klopp
Dortmund: Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Hummels, Sokratis, Schmelzer - Weigl, Gündogan - Reus, Mkhitaryan, Durm - Aubameyang
Absentees: Subotic (arm)
Coach: Thomas Tuchel