Borussia Dortmund will face a stiff test of their UEFA Europa League credentials when they host English side Tottenham Hotspur FC in the first leg of their last-16 tie on Thursday (kick-off 19:00CET/18:00GMT).
Thomas Tuchel's men eased into this stage of the competition thanks to a 3-0 aggregate win over FC Porto, and they will be buoyed by a strong performance in drawing 0-0 at home to FC Bayern München in Der Klassiker last weekend. However, the visitors are also in fine form and are currently second in the Premier League table following a 2-2 draw with north London rivals Arsenal FC on Saturday.
This tie is arguably the pick of the round of 16 fixtures, pitting together two attacking sides packed with energetic and talented young players.
- This will be the first competitive fixture between these two clubs. Tottenham have won three previous friendlies, with one draw.
- BVB have scored a whopping 20 goals in their six European fixtures at home so far this term.
- There are a couple of familiar faces in the Tottenham squad for Bundesliga fans: former Bayer 04 Leverkusen forward Heung-Min Son and former 1. FC Köln defender Kevin Wimmer.
- Dortmund are one of only two clubs to have come this far after competing in the third qualifying round in summer 2015. Athletic Club are the other.
- Tottenham have drawn two, won one and lost one of their four away fixtures in the Europa League so far this season.
Dortmund: Bürki - Piszczek, Hummels, Bender, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Weigl - Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Reus - Aubameyang
Spurs: Lloris - Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies - Dier, Dembele - Lamela, Eriksen, Son - Chadli