After victory in Portugal, Bayer 04 Leverkusen are well set to progress to the Round of 16 when they host Sporting Clube de Portugal on Thursday (kick-off: 19:00CET/18:00GMT).
The better side by some distance in the first leg, Leverkusen will go into this game brimming with confidence. Karim Bellarabi's goal gave them a 1-0 lead in the tie in Lisbon, and Roger Schmidt's men will be keen to finish the job at home. While defeat to Dortmund last weekend brought an end to their six-game unbeaten run in the Bundesliga, Leverkusen remain an in-form team, and it will be nothing short of a shock if Sporting stage a comeback in the tie.
Leverkusen do have personnel problems, however, with both Kevin Kampl and Ömer Toprak unavailable after sustaining injuries against Dortmund. Hakan Calhanoglu and Lars Bender are also yet to be declared match fit for Thursday's clash.
- Leverkusen have never lost to Sporting in five attempts, and have beaten them four times.
- Sporting have never won a game in Germany, having lost ten of the 11 games they have played in the country.
- Leverkusen have lost none of their last five games in European competition.
- Sporting's victory over Lokomotiv Moscow in the UEFA Champions League this season ended a run of seventeen winless away games in UEFA competition.
- Leverkusen's fellow Bundesliga outfit VfL Wolfsburg eliminated Sporting at the same stage of the competition last season.
Leverkusen:Leno - Jedvaj, Papadopoulos, Tah, Wendell - Kramer - Mehmedi, Brandt, Bellarabi - Kießling, Hernandez
Sporting:Patricio - Pereira, Ewerton, Coates, Jefferson - Aquilani, Carvalho - Mario, Mane - Ruiz, Gutierrez