FC Augsburg will look to complete a famous upset against Jürgen Klopp's Liverpool FC when they head to Anfield for the second leg of their UEFA Europa League Round-of-32 clash on Thursday (kick-off: 19:00CET/18:00GMT).
Augsburg's fairytale maiden European campaign continued last week, with Marwin Hitz putting in an inspired display to keep Liverpool at bay in a goalless draw at the WWK ARENA. The Swiss custodian showed the kind of form that saw him capped by his country at the start of this season to keep out Daniel Sturridge and former TSG 1899 Hoffenheim star Roberto Firmino chances.
"Drawing against Liverpool 0-0 is cool," said coach Markus Weinzierl after the first leg. "We delivered a good performance. The result is good because we wanted to keep a clean sheet. We wanted to win, but unfortunately we didn't make it."
Tobias Werner is expected to start after making his comeback from injury in the first leg, though Raul Bobadilla is doubtful with a thigh injury. The striker could join Jan-Ingwer Callsen-Bracker and Markus Feulner on the sidelines.
- Augsburg had scored at least two goals in their previous three Europa League matches before holding Liverpool to a goalless draw last Thursday.
- Athletic Club de Bilbao's Aritz Aduriz (seven) is the only player to have scored more goals in this season's competition than Bobadilla (six).
- Die Fuggerstädter were promoted to the Bundesliga in 2010, and recorded a best-ever finish of fifth last season to qualify directly for the Europa League group stages.
- FCA duo Kostantinos Stafylidis and Dominik Kohr played alongside Liverpool midfielder Emre Can at Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the 2013/14 season, helping Die Werkself to a fourth-place finish.
- Two of Can's four Bundesliga goals for Leverkusen came against Augsburg.
- South Korean forward Dong-Won Ji played under Klopp at Borussia Dortmund for the final six months of 2014, though he never featured for the first team.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last five European home matches.
Liverpool: Mignolet - Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno - Can, Henderson (c), Milner - Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino
Augsburg: Hitz - Verhaegh (c), Janker, Klavan, Stafylidis - Koo, Kohr - Esswein, Altintop, Werner - Caiuby