If they are to continue playing in Europe in the spring, FC Augsburg know that only victory will do against FK Partizan in Belgrade on Thursday night in UEFA Europa League Group L (kick-off 21:05CET/20:05GMT).
Having lost 3-1 to the Serbian side at home, Markus Weinzierl's men need to match or better that result if they are to pull off one of the biggest recoveries in European football and take their place in Monday's draw for the last 32 ahead of Partizan on the head-to-head rule.
- Partizan were Augsburg's opponents for their first ever home game in Europe, which ended in a 3-1 defeat on Matchday 2 of this season's Europa League campaign.
- That was Partizan's first win in eight trips to Germany.
- Before being beaten by Athletic Club in their last game, the Serbian side had a perfect record at home this season with four wins from four, .
- With five goals, FCA striker Raul Bobadilla is second highest scorer in the UEFA Europa League group stage this season.
- In Piotr Trochowski, Augsburg boast an experienced Europa League campaigner. He was on the bench for Sevilla when they beat Benfica in the 2014 final.
MD15 highlights: Köln 0-1 Augsburg
Partizan: Kljajic - Vulicevic, Bandalovski, Cirkovic , Subic - Jevtovic, Babovic (c)- A. Zivkovic, Brasanac, Ninkovic - Oumarou
Augsburg: Hitz – Verhaegh (c), Callsen-Bracker, Hong, Max – Feulner, Baier – Ji, Koo, Caiuby – Altintop