VfL Wolfsburg’s UEFA Champions League fate remains firmly in their own hands ahead of Wednesday’s trip to CSKA Moskva (kick-off 18:00CET/ 17:00GMT).
The Wolves currently sit third in Group B following defeat to PSV Eindhoven last time out, but could - depending on the outcome of Eindhoven’s clash with Manchester United FC - move top of the pile with a win in the Russian capital.
- Wolfsburg have lost both their away games in this season’s competition.
- Dieter Hecking’s men beat Russia’s FC Krasnodar 4-2 away and 5-1 at home in the 2014/15 UEFA Europa League.
- The Wolves’ overall record against Russian opposition reads W5, D1, L1.
- Wolfsburg defender Dante won all four of his games against CSKA as a FC Bayern München player.
- All four teams in Group B can still progress to the last 16, but CSKA will be unable to qualify for the knockout rounds if they lose.
- Leonid Slutski’s CSKA have finished bottom of their Champions League group in each of the last two seasons.
CSKA: Akinfeev - Mario Fernandes, A. Berezutskiy, Ignashevich, Nababkin - Wernbloom, Dzagoev - Tosic, B. Natcho, G. Milanov - Doumbia
Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Träsch, Naldo, Dante, M. Schäfer - Arnold, Guilavogui - Vieirinha, D. Caligiuri - M. Kruse - Dost