FC Augsburg host AZ Alkmaar in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday (kick-off 21:05CET/20:05GMT), looking to repeat their victory of a fortnight ago to keep their qualification hopes alive.
The Fuggerstädter are bottom of Group L on three points, but their first ever victory in Europe against AZ on Matchday 3 has given them every hope of making it through to the round of 32.
- AZ have yet to win a game in Germany, drawing one and losing two.
- Augsburg defender Ragnar Klavan joined from AZ in 2012. He won the Dutch title with Alkmaar in 2009.
- Alkmaar have reached the knockout stages of the competition on five occasions.
- Augsburg's Dutch World Cup participant Paul Verhaegh knows AZ well, having played against them for PSV Eindhoven, FC Den Bosch and Vitesse.
- Piotr Trochowski, who scored in the reverse fixture, was an unused substitute for Sevilla in the 2014 UEFA Europa League final.
- All but one of Augsburg's wins this season have come in cup competitions – two in the DFB Cup, one in the Europa League.
Augsburg: Hitz - Verhaegh, Callsen-Bracker, Klavan, Max – Baier, Koo, Trochowski - Bobadilla, Werner, Caiuby
Alkmaar: Coutinho – Johansson, Gouweleeuw, van der Linden, Haps - Luckassen, Rienstra - van Overeem, Henriksen, Dabney Souza - Janssen