After tasting defeat to Arsenal FC on the last UEFA Champions League matchday, FC Bayern München are out for revenge when they welcome the Gunners on Wednesday (kick-off 20:45CET/19:45GMT).
Bayern top Group F halfway through the first stage of the competition, though defeat to Arsenal two weeks ago means the Bavarians sit level on six points with Olympiacos FC, with the Londoners and GNK Dinamo Zagreb just three points behind.
- The Bundesliga champions have hit eight goals without reply on home turf in this season's competition so far: beating Olympiacos 3-0 and Dinamo 5-0.
- Pep Guardiola's charges won all six games at the Allianz Arena en route to the semi-finals of last season's competition, the fourth consecutive season they had reached the last four.
- Olivier Giroud has scored in two of Arsenal's last four games against Bayern.
- Bayern face English opposition in the UEFA Champions League for the 16th time in the last five years. They have lost only three of the 21 home games they have played against English sides in the tournament.
- Arsenal have won exactly half of the 32 games they have played against German opponents.
- Former FC Schalke 04 and SV Werder Bremen star Mesut Özil has nine assists in ten Premier League games for Arsenal this season.
Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, Martinez, Boateng, Alaba - Xabi Alonso - Robben, Müller, Thiago, Costa - Lewandowski
Arsenal: Cech - Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal - Coquelin, Cazorla - Sanchez, Özil, Campbell - Giroud