Wolfsburg - Last year's DFB Cup winners VfL Wolfsburg and Bundesliga champions FC Bayern München will lock horns for the third time this season when they meet in the second round of the DFB Cup this Tuesday (kick-off 20:30CET/19:30GMT).
After Wolfsburg took the first trophy of the season with victory over Bayern in the Supercup in August, the Bavarians gained their revenge in some style when the two sides met in the Bundesliga last month.
Robert Lewandowski tore the record books to shreds with the quickest ever hat-trick, fastest four goals and swiftest ever five-goal haul to rescue Bayern a 5-1 win from the jaws of defeat at the Allianz Arena. It will therefore be the Wolves' turn to seek revenge this week and keep the defence of their title alive in what promises to be a classic at the Volkswagen Arena.
- Wolfsburg won the DFB Cup for the first time in their history with a 3-1 win over Borussia Dortmund in May.
- Both Wolfsburg and Bayern have made at least the semi-finals in each of the past three seasons.
- Bayern have won the DFB Cup more than any other club, with 17 triumphs. SV Werder Bremen are a distant second with six successes.
- Robert Lewandowski scored the quickest-ever Bundesliga hat-trick (four minutes), four-goal tally (six minutes) and five-goal haul (nine minutes) in the league meeting between the two sides on Matchday 6.
- With 13 league goals in 10 matches, Lewandowski is joint top-scorer in the Bundesliga (with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang).
- Wolfsburg have beaten Bayern on their last two visits to the Volkswagen Arena.
Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Träsch, Naldo, Dante, R. Rodriguez - Guilavogui, Luiz Gustavo - Caligiuri, Draxler - Kruse – Dost
Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Javi Martinez, Alaba - Xabi Alonso - Robben, Thiago, Müller, Douglas Costa - Lewandowski